CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lots of Fun

Our little family has had a lot of fun this past little while. I guess it started last Thursday when we had a dinner party with friends. It was great to get together and spend some time with more than just our kids, even though we were probably acting like kids. We had pizza and salad and some Oreo pie, it was kinda a potluck thing and it turned out really well.










After, Leigha headed to bed, or rather floor. When we went in to turn off her light she was asleep on the floor surrounded by toys, almost as if she had done a toy angel. We took some pictures and then Don put her and her pillow into bed, she mumbled "I want that one", and then some other super random stuff. When we went in, in the morning, she was in the exact same spot and position that we had found her in the night before, silly girl!








Friday we ran errands and took pictures of the kids. They are so cute!





Then later Friday we headed down to Provo for the weekend, and we had a great time. Don introduced his family Ticket to Ride, and they really enjoyed it. It is always fun to try new games.
While they played on Saturday my mom mom and I went up to South Jordan and met Kara for a mothering convention. Although a lot of the classes did not apply to my mom, she enjoyed holding Conner. The convention was great. I felt really uplifted and was impressed to make some changes, some were suggestions, and some were my own (actually impressions from the Spirit). I have been doing that this week, and it has been a lot of fun. I am finding the joy in mothering again, and my house is clean. Those things rarely go hand in hand, either I'm a good mom, or I have a clean house (or neither), but this week it was both. I have felt great and we have had a lot of fun.
Saturday night, we played games and visited, it was a lot of fun! It is so good to see family and get to talk to them in person rather than just on the phone.
On Sunday we went and saw my Grandma in the hospital, it was really good to see her. She is one of my hero's, she was so up beat and positive, wheat a great example to me. And then we ventured back up to Logan in the snow, it took a long time!
Then all this week we have just played. Tuesday Conner got the flu, so we took him to the doctor, and he is a chunk! He measured in at 16 and 1/2 pounds. That is one pound less than Leigha was at one year! It will be amazing to see what the next 9 months bring. He started coughing for the first time Tuesday night and it was so cute because it was a new sensation for him, so after he would cough, he would smile.
Thursday Don went and played basketball with the wars, and last night I had a girls crafty night with Anna (next post). It has been a great week.

1 comments:

DeAnna said...

Oh my goodness! Conner smiling after he coughs? I wish I could have seen that! He's one of the happiest babies I've ever seen!