CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Before and Afters

Last night Anna and I did a craft night, but not just a craft night a dollar store craft night. We each made a topiary, little magnetic frames, and I made a large frame. We had a lot of fun, and it was great to just hang out and visit. Hopefully craft night will become a monthly event. Next month she is going to teach me embroidery stuff, I'm excited. Here are some pics.

This first one is the topiary, the little bead ball, foam, and rocks are from the dollar store, sometimes you can find some cute containers there too, but these ones are from other places. Mine is from Micheal's, and it ended up being about $1.50, the twigs are from a tree in my back yard, and the spray paint an ribbons are from leftovers of other projects, so all in all this project was about 4 bucks, with extra materials left over, and it only takes about 10 minutes to make.

Before:
















After:

















This next one is a really ugly like corked inside frame I found at Honks Dollar Store. The frame part was super cute, so we just changed the inside. The materials for this were simple the frame, scrapbook paper, modge podge and ribbon. It took about 20 minutes, but now that I know what I am doing it will not take as long. The cost for this was about $2.50 when all was said and done, not bad.

Before:












After:














We had a great night, and we got some super cute things done. It's always fun to think out of the box and save money, especially when it comes to decorating.

1 comments:

Janice said...

SO CUTE!!!!! I love your framed saying I can't believe how great it turned out. When I have a house will you decorate it for me? I know you would do great and I KNOW in the end it would be worth it to pay you a high salary because you would always try to save me money, and we both know how much I love to save money. Looks like you had a great night. Someday can I come?