CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Out, Out on the Ranch, Where the Kids and the Elk Roam.

This weekend the Hill family came up again, and once again we had a blast! Friday night we were up late playing games, and hanging out, it was great. Saturday morning we went out to Hardware Ranch. It was so cool, we learned a lot and had a lot of fun. We got to ride on a sleigh behind some huge Clydesdale's, and it was so nice and warm out side. The museum was so cool too. Here are some fun pictures:

Here is Leigha with antlers coming out of her head. I knew sometimes she acted like she had horns! (except horns and antlers are very different, very different! in deed)

I think Don is a little afraid of the taxidermied elk, but not Leigha.
Don as the elk whisperer....Ewww! Stinky Elk Breath!


When I said I wanted a Bob, I didn't mean a bobcat! Oww!
They had a wingspan measurer. My family as birds: Conner- Grey Flicker, Leigha- Mallard Duck, Don- Turkey Vulture. We didn't think to check me typical mommy stuff.
Here we are on the sleigh, it was so fun to be outside and to ride.
Isn't Leigha cute? She had a lot of fun. We were behind 2 huge Clydesdale's names Nikki and Molly and Leigha would say, "Go Nikki, Go Molly!" When they took off it would jerk us all, it was great. We got to pet them after the ride, and they were HUGE!!! (too bad I'm a bit allergic to horses)
Here are some of the elk. There were a ton, and I had better pictures, I just didn't put them on, sorry :(
We had Conner so bundled up so that he would stay warm. He was so good, he slept the whole time. Which is starting to be very unlike him. He was wearing 2 different kinds of coats!
After Hardware Ranch we went to lunch at Old McDonalds (as Leigha calls it).
We really did have a great time, and we are so glad we took the opportunity to go, especially with such great friends! We would recommend it to anyone! I have also decided that I am a bit of a cow. They really run the show, but they let the Bull think they are the best! If I am a cow my bull is the best!

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog... totally made me laff!

Best is, it's in front of my WORK! I still want to hope it was a laundry mishap somehow, but I still have to wonder how you drop those like that on South Temple!

Bettie said...

Looks like you had tons of fun! Thanks for sharing.