CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Leigha's Big Scaries!!!!

Last night Leigha had her first big scare. She went in the backyard when Don and I asked her not to and stepped in a wasp nest. I was inside and heard this awful screaming, so of course I ran. She said, "A bumble bee got me, a bumble bee got me!" and she was scratching her stomach, sure enough there was a wasp sting on her belly. I was holding her close trying to keep her hands from scratching at it, and Don was wrestling to put ice on it, and going outside to find the little buggers who hurt our baby. Well, she kept saying "What's that noise? What's that noise?" and she was grabbing her leg. I just kept saying, "There isn't a noise, it's just Mommy holding you." Well she started screaming and shaking again, and a wasp flew out of her pants! It had been up there the whole time! Well, I screamed and Don came running, and I said " There are wasps in her clothes!" He grabs her and starts stripping her down, and doesn't see anything. Leigha is still screaming reaching for Mommy, and I am looking for the wasp in the house to sick my husband on. He didn't see anything so he thought we had just imagined it, until he saw it crawling around on the dining room floor. He caught it and killed it for us. Leigha was still really shaken up, not in any pain, but really scared so she went to mutual with me last night. She will not let me change her clothes, because she knows what she has on is bee free. This morning when I went to get her out of bed I crawled in bed with her and just held her for a while and she said the cutest thing. She said, "Caterpillars like me" and I said, "Yeah", "Rollie Pollies like me", "Yeah", butterflies like me", Yeah", "Snakes and spiders like me, but bumble bees DO NOT like me." She was trying to figure out why the bees don't like her. She is so cute, and everything is fine now. It's amazing what a little TLC, and a super awesome batman band aid can do for a crisis.

0 comments: