CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Update on Conner


Recently I have felt big, but not big really big like I did with Leigha. Looking around at the pregnant women around me I had noticed that I am quite a bit smaller than women who are due after me, and I have been getting a lot of comments on how small I look. It has also worried Don quite a bit (he has been quite funny about it). He keeps saying that anything less than 5' 10" is not acceptable, and that we will have to feed Conner a lot of vegi's and vitamins so he will grow tall. So, last Thusday when we went to the Dr., Don and I decided to ask her about it. She said that Conner had dropped, and was measuring fine, but that I did look small so she wanted an ultra sound done just to make sure everything was okay. Well, today was the ultra sound and there is no need to worry. Conner is actually measuring BIG for 37 weeks. The typical size is 6.5 lbs and Conner is measuring at 7.5 lbs. They said if I carry him full term he will probably be over 8.5 lbs! Needless to say I am hoping Conner is born really soon. They also said that there is not need to worry, I am just doing really well at carrying him, and that he is a happy little mover. When I told Don that he was still a boy and that he was big, he said good I don't want my girls to be bruisers. He is just joking we will love anyone who comes into our lives. As far as progression towards deliver, last week I was 75% effaced and dilated to a 2, and he has dropped really really low. That could mean he could come soon, or it could be a while. I have had a burst of energy the past couple weeks (I am a nester right now). I made a list of things I wanted to get done before Conner is born, I am almost done with my HUGE checklist, and ready and anxious for him to come. We would love it if he decided to come on Thursday. We are going to try to do everything we can to get him here as soon and as safe as possible. Kara joked about jumping on her trampoline, and I think I am going to take her up on her offer tomorrow. We will keep you up dated on when he comes.

1 comments:

BECKY said...

You look so great! I can't wait to see him! (Hopefully tomorrow! ha ha!)